The Zebra ZT410 barcode printer installation is easy. The Zebra ZT410 provides a reliable, durable, and high-performing solution for the heavyweight job of printing barcodes in a harsh manufacturing and warehouse environment. This printer prints on a wide variety of media. Call Barcode Southwest at 888-764-9965. Let us help you to learn how to install and use this barcode printer.
How to set up your Zebra ZT410 Barcode Printer
The installation of the Zebra ZT410 industrial printer an easy end-to end process.
- Factory settings. Your ZT410 barcode printer arrives with certain factory settings: tear-off mode and adjusted for full width paper label stock with wax ribbon. Many of your printing applications will work with these settings and require nothing more than setting up communications and making minor adjustments to darkness (heat setting) .
- Media-related settings and calibration. Choose the “Media Type”: Continuous, Non-Continuous Web, Non-Continuous Mark, Non-Continuous Gap/Notch, Direct Thermal, or Thermal Transfer. Default setting is Non-Continuous Gap/Notch.
Then choose “Print Method”: Thermal Transfer (default setting) or Direct Thermal.
Next, set your “Print Mode”: Tear Off (default setting), Cutter, or Peel.
Finally, select Media Loading, which must match your Print Mode setting.
Installation made EASY
- Ribbon setup. A ribbon is only used for a thermal transfer printer. If you have a ZT410 direct thermal printer, you will not require a ribbon. Click here to see how to properly load the ribbon in the ZT410 thermal transfer printer.
- Printhead pressure. Make an adjustment here if the print is too light, too dark or if your barcodes look “fuzzy”. Use the lowest pressure necessary. There are two dials for adjusting the pressure. Follow the diagram here to make the right adjustments.
- Print speed. Your printer’s speed is measured in inches per second (IPS). Slower print speeds typically produce better print quality. Be sure your media is designed to work at the print speed you’re using.
- Print darkness. Your ZT410 barcode printer should deliver the right level of darkness at a low setting. If you reset the darkness to a high level, you may get unclear print on your labels, which results in poor or incorrect scanning. Also, a high setting may cause the ribbon to burn through and damage your printhead. If you need to adjust the print darkness go to “Modify Printer Settings”, click on “General Setup” and then, ”Darkness”.
- Communications setup. The ZT410 provides five connectivity options: USB, Serial, Parallel, Wired Ethernet, and Wireless.
Insert PIC from back of printer
Setting up your Zebra ZT410 barcode printer is not complicated, but it’s a critical step to ensuring print quality and getting the most life from your printer.
Call Barcode Southwest at 1-888-764-9965 to see how we can help your company install your Zebra ZT410 barcode printer.
Barcode Southwest is a premier supplier of barcode printers and labels for a wide range of industry applications. We supply to clients all over the Southwest region of the U.S., including, but not limited to, Houston, TX, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio.
Please visit our Barcode Southwest Facebook page.
Posted September 25, 2019 By Lucy
Zebra Industrial Barcode Printers for Houston, Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio, TX