Having trouble with your barcode printer installation? Let Barcode Southwest, help solve your problem!
Barcode printer installation is as easy as 1…2…3. Follow these three easy steps and checks to install and set up your new Houston, TX barcode printer.
Three Easy Steps for A Successful Houston, TX Barcode Printer Installation
Inventory Check and Initial Setup
As simple as it may sound, the first step in any successful barcode printer installation is unpacking and taking inventory of your printer. When preparing for your barcode printer installation, ask yourself the following three questions:
- Is this the barcode printer I ordered?
- Are all of the cords included?
- Did I find the software?
You are now ready for the initial setup of your Houston, TX barcode printer:
- First, power up your barcode printer.
- Next, install label material and/or ribbon following the factory guidelines inside your barcode printer.
- Finally, print a test label for image quality and position.
The second crucial step in your successful Houston, TX barcode printer installation is to create a clean, user-friendly environment / location. A clean environment (dust and clutter free) is critical to the overall lifespan of your barcode printer and your media. Additionally, a user-friendly environment includes three checks:
- Ample “breathing room” for your printer.
- Sufficient maneuverability for the printer operator.
- Adequate work space with easy access to additional ribbons and labels.
Printer’s Main Menu Check
The third step in the process of your Houston, TX barcode printer installation is learning to use your main menu panel to adjust the printer settings.
Printers are shipped with factory settings. However, the label material tested is paper. If you are printing on a synthetic material such as polypropylene, you may need to adjust the printer settings.
- First, checking your Printer Speed and Printhead Heat settings. These two settings are the most critical settings within your menu panel. These settings control the “burn” that will give your labels a clear and crisp image.
- Next, calibrate your print media. (see picture above) Calibration of your print media will align the image upon the label and adjust to the media thickness. Improper calibration will result in wasted media.
Call Barcode Southwest at 1-888-764-9965 to see how we can help your Houston, TX company have a successful barcode printer installation. Or complete our contact form!
Barcode Southwest is a premier supplier of barcode printers and labels for a wide range of industry applications. We supply to clients all over the Southwest region of the U.S., including, but not limited to, Houston, TX, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio.
Please visit our Barcode Southwest Facebook page.
Posted February 4, 2019 By Lucy